Friday, April 29, 2011

Fast done...solid food slowly comes back

Today is Nat's birthday and also our 5th wedding anniversary, so it was a special day on many fronts. I officially broke the fast today with a very nice meal including scrambled eggs with mushrooms, some fresh strawberries and half a grapefruit. I also had a few juices during the day, including a large one following a great anniversary trail ride at Latta Plantation.

The evening saw a little temptation with us attending a Knights game. I was by no means a saint, but 1 16oz beer and half a pretzel qualifies as the epitome of restraint for me given that I had just come off a fast of nothing but juice. The rest of the day was great, diet wise, so I'm not going to fret my modified dinner.

Final tally for the fast was 13 pounds over 10 days. I think it actually could have been more if I had juiced a little more and maybe prevented my body from slowing down so much. But I'm definitely not going to complain. Its a great start to my reboot of iLance and I feel great about the results and how I feel. And frankly, that's all that matters.

The resolve I showed during that time gives me a huge boost to my confidence about being able to stay on track and achieve the results I want. It wasn't easy, but I was very surprised at how much by body seemed to support (as opposed to fight) some of the changes. My hunger levels have been great and I'm already feeling some of my stamina coming back. Though, to be clear, my energy levels were great during the fast, my gas tank was just low if I wanted to do any kind of exercise.

Now its time for the next gear, where my eating continues the groove it was in before the fast, and 2.0 continues to build.

Thanks to everyone for their support. I will continue posting, if you're interested, but it likely won't be daily, unless I have something substantive to offer. You guys are more of a source of strength than you'll ever know. Of course, Nat knows, because she is my "Why" for all of this.

Since a few people have asked, the following sources, while no means exhaustive, served as my inspiration for this project:

Join the Reboot
Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead (don't wait for the DVD if you're wanting to watch this, its available instantly)

No comments:

Post a Comment