Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 5, Rough Start, Lotsa Temptation, Great Day...

This morning started with some first time nausea for me, which made contemplating any kind of breakfast very hard to do. I didn't wind up drinking my first juice until much later in the day, which is a big no-no while fasting. Such is life.

Later I had the pleasure of entertaining some company in which I was responsible (by my choice) for grilling some of Nat's home made hamburgers (grass fed, GREAT beef). Talk about temptation! My will was steadfast though and I got through with flying colors, partly in the form of 3 noodles from the pasta salad that was also part of dinner. Yeah, it was a break into solid food for the first time, but I'm not gonna beat myself up for it. I've been fantastic for 5 days now and 3 noodles ain't takin me off course.

The best part of all this was that it was proof that I could still be social and stay on course. Next week at work will be another challenge in that area, but I'm up for it.

Half way there!

No comments:

Post a Comment