Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 10...I did it!

"A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials." ~ Seneca
 (hat tip to my friend Howard French for that quote)

Day 10 is here! My last day of fasting. I don't know if it was the prep work in the days prior or what, but this wasn't nearly as hard on me physically as I thought it might be. I thought hunger would have been a lot more of an issue, but it really wasn't at all. No bad headaches or nausea, either. My stomach did talk to me on occasion, but it was very mild.

The challenges were definitely more mental, especially yesterday at lunch. I got in my truck, just to get out of the office for a few minutes, and was so ready to just find a place to eat some solid food. What kept me from straying? I couldn't really think of anything in the area that I would have considered "worth" going off course (pardon the pun). I wasn't craving anything specific, which was probably a good thing.  So I plugged in my iPhone and cranked up Solsbury Hill, by Peter Gabriel, as loud as I could. That song really helps keep me inspired about accepting change in my life and forging my own path.

My final tally won't be til tomorrow, but right now I'm at 12.5 pounds. Now I get to start planning to add solid food back in tomorrow, which is also my 5 year anniversary of being married to the most incredible support system (and Wife) in the world.

This is just the reboot phase of the iLance project. There will be a lot more (or less!) to come. Thanks to all of my friends for their support. You guys have helped keep me focused, inspired, and accountable during this stretch.

1 comment:

  1. You are a ROCK STAR!!!!! Great Job baby! I knew you finish. I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete