Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 1, Prep Begins...

If you looked at the trailer of the documentary I linked, you'll know that my goal is to start juice fasting in intervals while I simplify my diet a great deal. Between now and Tuesday morning, I'll be prepping my body to juice fast by doing the following:

  • No refined or processed foods of any kind.
  • Adding whole grains, nuts, nut butters (almond and peanut, without added sugar). Almond butter has been a big part of our household for a few years now, so that won't be a huge change.
  • Transitioning off meats of any kind - this one will be hard for me, and will be interesting to see how I take to being a vegan for a period of time.
  • Transitioning dairy intake to almost none.
  • Replacing meat proteins with bean and soy sources.
The good news is that a lot of this I've done in some fashion over the past 6 months. What I've lacked is consistency and some measure of discipline to the program. That ends now.

Tuesday will begin the juice fast, where I'll consume nothing but fruit and veggie drinks for 5 days. At that point I'll assess where I'm at and either continue fasting or I may go back for 5 days of my new way of eating.

So that's the approach. Not sure what I'll say between now and Tuesday but I'm committed to doing this. My body is ready for it and I know I'll love the person I meet at the end of this stage of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment