Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What is the goal, and how am I getting there?

As noted in my first post, I started at 275. My end goal ultimately is to get to around 200, ideally a little lower.

How I'm getting there involves 5 activities:

  • Diet & supplementation
  • Detox
  • Surge training
  • Yoga
  • Sleep (yes, sleep)

I'll break down each activity in subsequent posts, but those are the pillars I believe critical to success in terms of what I do.

While my ideal goal involves a target weight, how I feel and function are going to play a much larger factor in picking a true target state for me to maintain.

3 days into it, I feel pretty darn good.

Diet log
Wednesday
Bk - Juice (3 fruit/veggie servings), eggs, almond butter, apple
Sn - Cashews
Ln - Chicken noodle soup, blackberries, pinto beans, lemon tea
Sn - Juice (3 servings of fruit/veggies)
Dn - Ok, a little explanation is needed here. This isn't an excuse, it was a decision.

At 4pm I found out that I passed my CISSP exam that I took a few weeks ago. Its a big accomplishment for me and so naturally I wanted to celebrate. So we went to Savor Cafe and I had arguably the best seafood pasta dishes I've ever had in my life. It was totally worth going off the diet for 1 meal. I still got all my required dietary elements in, so overall it was a fair day. Tomorrow, back to *normal. I've been a little light on water/fluids though, so that will need some improved focus.

* while some of my diet choices are a little more austere in hopes of triggering a detox process, this is largely how I plan to eat for the rest of my hopefully long life.

No comments:

Post a Comment