Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The iLance Project

Yeah, its a cheeky name, but the project was conceived the same day as the iPad 2 launch, so I went with it.

The 'i' in this case stands for improvement. As in Life improvement. The first phase of this is multi-faceted, but ultimately surrounds my health, and more specifically, my weight.

I'm blogging this project partly as a means of accountability, but also as a way of sharing my thoughts and approaches to this endeavor. Nothing I'm planning on doing is new or radical. Quite the opposite.

This is hardly the first time I've tried to lose weight, far from it. But my hope is that by holding myself more accountable and sharing this enterprise with select others, my success will be greater than in previous attempts.

Why now? What's different? I won't pretend I had some grand epiphany that will grant me super-powered will and discipline to overcome the inevitable temptations that lay in my path to success. Frankly, its just time. The number of reasons for doing this are so long they wouldn't be worth reading. However I will share some of them down the road. The biggest one, simply put, is I want to be around as long as possible to enjoy this amazing life I have with my wife. And I want to enjoy it better.

I'll talk through approach tomorrow but below I'll log my eating for the day so feel free to stop reading if you get bored with that level of detail.

Monday (start)
275 lbs
Bk - Apple, oatmeal, eggs
Ln - Blueberries, HT Salad
Sn - Almonds, cashews, lemon tea
Dinner - Beans from Earth Fare, grilled chicken, cauliflower

Tuesday
Bk - slept in due to horrible headache
Ln - apple, string cheese (still not hungry from headache)
Sn - Almonds, cashews
Dinner - sweet potato, pinto beans, apple, almond butter, cauliflower, rooibos tea

No comments:

Post a Comment